(Cartoon credit Pablo Stanley http://9gag.com/gag/4881104?ref=fb.s)
- …we cared more about the reality of climate change than we did Justin Bieber’s self-destructive narcissism?
- …we placed more value on lives lost and ruined than business lost and ruined in the aftermath of a natural disaster?
- …there was no invisible line segregating our love of dogs from cows, cats from pigs and hamsters from chickens?
- …face-to-face brought us out of Facebook hiding so we connected once again?
- …gays, straights, lesbians, blacks, whites, women, transgendered, men, muslims, and jews existed without labels and we were valued equally for our humanity?
- …women were valued for their hearts, minds and spirits rather than their boobs, butts and vagina’s?
- …satellites and cell towers went “poof” and we were forced to connect heart-to-heart once again?
- …collaboration replaced competition?
- …we didn’t turn a blind eye with guilty indifference and instead, stopped to help the animal or person in need?
- …we walked, biked, ran or danced our way to a purposeful vocation every day?
- …giving prevailed over taking?
- …we’d listened before climate change became an unstoppable reality?
- …we were all responsible for the loving creation of the food that nourishes us?
- …we lived our own unique life purpose rather than fearfully fulfilling the meaningless, profit-driven missions of others?
- …we loved planet Earth more than we loved money?
- …we allowed ourselves to fully feel once again?
- …we were fully present in each and every moment?
- …unconditional compassion for all living beings regardless of race, gender, age or species was all that mattered?
- ….we actually listened to one another – I mean really listened?
- …prevention prevailed over pills?
- …there were no support systems to bail us out of unhealthy personal choices such as smoking, alcohol, drugs, the consumption of meat, dairy, sugar, and processed foods?
- …we didn’t buy into the “more is better” consumptive mindset?
- …we made everyday personal choices from the very core of our being – love?
- …we asked ourselves “how many beings suffered in the making of this meal, gadget or lifestyle choice” before we voted with our dollars?
- …we loved ourselves more than our iPhones?
- …the only gossip that we knew was the antiquated word in a dictionary?
- …we dared to live from a place of raw authenticity?
- …selfless trumped selfish.
- …there were no winners…or losers?
- …there was no oil, no plastic, no tv?
- …blame was eradicated and instead, we took complete responsibility for our thoughts, actions and lives?
- …judgement was replaced by discernment?
- …the only news was uplifting and hopeful?
- …we lived our lives from the depths of our hearts rather than the shallowness of our minds?
- …authenticity trumped conformity?
- …the meaning of life is simply to live, laugh, love and serve?
What if a better world was in your hands? Imagine.
You may say I’m a dreamer, but I’m not the only one.
I hope some day you’ll join us. And the world will live as one.
– John Lennon
Inspired by this post? Subscribe now!