Today’s Unplug podcast is all about making a difference. It’s about living a simple life of love, compassion and purpose. It’s a reminder to each of us that we’re here to make a difference. We’re here to live, to laugh, to love and to serve. Every one of us has a purpose that includes these four essential components. And when we connect to that core part of our being, we have everything that it takes to change the world and propel ourselves out of the mess that we’ve gotten ourselves into as a species and into a new paradigm of love and compassion that includes all living beings. Yep, it really is that simple.
I’ve been blessed in my lifetime to have so many beautiful souls in my circle of compassion. People who move the world in a positive direction and make a difference for all living beings. People who lead the revolution towards higher consciousness and Divine love for animals, the planet and humanity. People who inspire so many others to change the world with their own unique essence and sense of purpose.
Today, we chat with one of these beautiful souls – my dear friend and one of the most compassionate people I’ve ever met, the wonderful co-founder of the Institute for Humane Education and champion for compassionate living, Rae Sikora.
Rae’s heart is like a beacon – a beaming love bolt that penetrates all. In our household, we just call her Rae of Sunshine. Her love has no boundaries. Animals, humanity, the natural world – everyone, everything. She’s a shining example of the yogic principle of ahimsa – which is the Sanskrit word for non-harming or non-violence that is the ethical foundation of pure ancient Yogic philosophy.
On the website, Plant Peace Daily that Rae shares with her partner in compassion, Jim Corcoran, this dynamic duo clearly invite everyone to live their lives as a message of peace every single day.
If we want a world that is non-violent, loving, non-judgmental, and peaceful we must first become that ourselves – in every area of our lives. From our thoughts, to our choices, to our actions. This is Rae’s life work – helping us remember who we are at our core.
In today’s interview, we discuss:
- The importance of focusing on how far we’ve come rather than how far we still have to go;
- How the culture of compassion is spreading.
- Living our lives as examples of compassion by connecting to the Divine Force of Compassion;
- A beautiful reminder that YOU matter, and how compassion begins with yourself;
- The important difference between want and need;
- Redefining wealth. What does a rich life truly look like?
- Letting go of the story, surrendering to faith, and reconnecting to hope;
- And lastly, there really is no such thing as a lost cause.
Rae Sikora is truly a gift to the world and I’m honored to be able to share her wisdom with you today. So sit back, open your mind and heart and enjoy!
PS. Skype was a little wonky at times during this interview but stay with us because it’s worth it.
- Plant Peace Daily website: http://plantpeacedaily.org/
- Plant Peace Daily: Everyday Outreach for People Who Care: Buy the book on Amazon
- Damien Mander talk referenced in interview: Modern Warrior: Damien Mander at TEDxSydney
Are you inspired by this podcast? If so, here’s how you can fan the flame for the message:
1. Support the show!
Support the paradigm-altering Unplug movement on Patreon. Every little bit makes a difference!
2. Subscribe & Review the Show on iTunes:
Here’s a simple 5-step process to quickly rate, review and subscribe to the show.
You can also now subscribe to the show on Stitcher where the show will now be available all over the world on Stitcher mobile, tablet and web apps and, also in over 4 million in-car dashboards.
3. TELL A FRIEND ABOUT THE SHOW and spread the word FAR AND WIDE!
As always, thank you for listening and thank you for helping to co-create a better world!