Peter Russell has an extensive resume that led him from studies in mathematics and theoretical physics at Cambridge University, to studies in experimental psychology, meditation, consciousness, and evolution. His principal interest is the deeper, spiritual significance of the times we are living in. Peter’s work seeks to distill the essence of the world’s spiritual traditions and present it in ways that are relevant to the current times. He’s an author, speaker, workshop facilitator and a revolutionary futurist.
I first learned of Peter’s work many years ago when I read his books, Waking Up in Time and From Science to God. In 2012, I had the honor of spending a week with Peter at the Monroe Institute in a program co-facilitated with Karen Malik called Exploration Essence. The program was life-altering and inspires my life and my work to this day.
In January of 2016, Peter released a video titled, Evolution’s End. It resonated on a profound level. After the release of my essay, Letting Go of a World in Collapse last spring, I invited Peter for a return visit to the Unplug podcast where we could discuss our resonant world views. He responded immediately. I sent him my essay, and he sent me a link to his essay titled, Blind Spot: The Unforeseen End of Accelerating Change. Once again, I was struck by the similarities in our worldview.
This week’s podcast is an exploration of the personal paradigm shifts that prompted both of us to write our respective essay’s (without knowledge of each others work I might add), about accelerating evolution, about technology in the age of information, and about the near-term finite reality for homo sapien on this Earth.
Other topics of exploration include:
- How acceleration is an inevitable part of evolution.
- What is entropy?
- How stress is accelerating in tandem with our lives.
- How technology has influenced our social, political, economic, cultural, and ecological breakdown.
- The accelerated awakening of consciousness as breakdown simultaneously plays out.
- The importance of awakening in these times of breakdown.
- How contemplating the end of our species can be the wake-up call we need.
- The liberation of accepting our own mortality—as individuals and as a species.
- What is evolutionary singularity?
- The meaning of life.
- The ego mind and how it interferes with the natural mind.
This is a profound conversation that is well worth the listen.
- Peter Russell’s powerful Blind Spot essay.
- How to Meditate without even Trying online meditation course.
- Living Consciously in an Unconscious World: 2013 podcast with Peter.
- Peter’s website: The Spirit of Now.
- From Science to God: A Physicist’s Journey into the Mystery of Consciousness on Amazon.
- Waking Up in Time: Finding Inner Peace in Times of Accelerating Change on Amazon.
- The Ascent of Humanity by Charles Eisenstein on Amazon.
- Ray Kurzweil: Accelerating Intelligence website.
If Deb’s words hit home and you find value in her work, please donate: