Francis Weller is a psychotherapist, writer and soul activist. He’s a master of synthesizing diverse streams of thought from psychology, anthropology, mythology, alchemy, indigenous cultures and poetic traditions. The core of his work is creating pathways to reclaiming our indigenous soul—the “unforgotten wisdom” that resides in the heart of the psyche.
Francis is also the founder and director of WisdomBridge, an organization that offers educational programs that seek to integrate the wisdom from traditional cultures with the insights and knowledge gathered from western cultures to inspire soul activism.
Francis also helped to create Men of Spirit, an intensive year-long initiation program designed to restore the masculine community as a resource for cultural renewal.
This week’s conversation delves deep into the heart—the very soul of who we are. We speak intimately to the necessity for grief in our lives as a pathway to wholeness. Our exploration takes us to sacred places including:
- How grief requires sacred community.
- How grief is a pathway to delight.
- How grief inspires fluidity and opening to joy and gratitude.
- How blocking our own pain prevents us from feeling the pain of the Earth.
- Holding love and grief as one.
- The necessity for grief ritual.
- The connection between sorrow and joy.
- The difference between joy and happiness.
- The feral nature of grief and how it shapes us as emotionally mature adults.
- How our addiction to control suppresses the soul.
- The difference between grief as a ‘verb’ or an identity.
- What is conscious grieving?
- How grief changes shape and never leaves.
- Navigating Earth grief.
- How grief can be our salvation.
- The grace of grief.
I am so honored to bring this beautiful conversation to your hearts and minds this week. Please welcome the profound wisdom of Francis Weller and the transformative power of grief.
- Francis Weller website.
- The Wild Edge of Sorrow: Rituals of Renewal and the Sacred Work of Grief on Amazon.
- Wisdom Bridge website.
Inspired by this podcast? If so, here’s how you can fan the flame for the message:
1. Support the show!
Support the paradigm-altering Unplug movement on Patreon. Every little bit makes a difference!
2. Subscribe & Review the Show on iTunes:
Here’s a simple 5-step process to quickly rate, review and subscribe to the show.
You can also now subscribe to the show on Stitcher where the show will now be available all over the world on Stitcher mobile, tablet and web apps and, also in over 4 million in-car dashboards.
3. TELL A FRIEND ABOUT THE SHOW and spread the word FAR AND WIDE!
As always, thank you for listening and thank you for helping to co-create a better world!