“When you feel the suffering of every living thing in your own heart, that is consciousness” —Bhagavad Gita
Episode #100 is a pivotal conversation that plummets to depths not yet explored on this show. It exposes the rotting, hidden-from-view cracks in our cultural machine that cause immense destruction to the Earth, and devastating blind spots in our psyche.
We are at a critical time in the history of the planet and our own lives where the impact of our choices is rising to the surface of our awareness. Many of us are waking up from the cultural coma that has created massive destruction to our biosphere, our bodies, and to the lives of billions of sentient beings. This wake up call is an invitation to honor our deep intuition and consciously explore the food choices that have the great potential to reconnect us to the web of life.
Examining what we ingest as a metaphor for how we choose to live offers us the opportunity to expand into a more authentic version of ourselves that is no longer bound by the cultural conditioning of the predominant food system.
This week I speak with my partner, Deb Gleason and my paradigm-altering mentor and friend, Louise LeBrun about reclaiming wholeness, expanding consciousness and reconnecting to our deepest core essence through the food choices that can become a portal to our soul. Beyond vegan is an exploration of consciousness through food by making the invisible, visible so that we can make choices that align with our inherent compassion for life.
This conversation is immense. Some of the topics we explore are:
- How we’re the only species on the planet who has no clue how to intuitively feed ourselves.
- How vegan is a potential gateway to a deeper sense of self.
- Moving beyond vegan as an identity or strategy.
- How our identity labels confine us.
- What we eat is what we become. Are we predators?
- How our conditioned choices perpetuate a disconnect from our true self.
- How humans have unconsciously adopted a predatory nature at the peril of the world and our souls.
- How dairy and eggs are the ultimate violation of the feminine.
- Every choice we make has a massive impact on this planet and whether we ultimately have a future.
- How we are indoctrinated into a system of violence that is perpetuated with our choices.
- How we are unconscious to our true selves and how this causes immense destruction.
- How parenting is at the root of our cultural dysfunction.
- How dairy is a potent contributor to the numbing out of who we authentically are.
- How our palettes change as our awareness changes.
This is an aggressive, raw, honest, intense, vulnerable, profound, and powerful heart and mind expanding conversation. I guarantee that you will not look at the world the same way after listening to this one.
- Cowspiracy: The Sustainability Secret movie.
- WEL-Systems website with Louise LeBrun.
- Deb Gleason’s website (Beyond Vegan online program).
- Inclusive “Or” blog post by Louise LeBrun.
Are you inspired by this podcast? If so, here’s how you can fan the flame for the message:
1. Support the show!
Support the paradigm-altering Unplug movement on Patreon. Every little bit makes a difference!
2. Subscribe & Review the Show on iTunes:
Here’s a simple 5-step process to quickly rate, review and subscribe to the show.
You can also now subscribe to the show on Stitcher where the show will now be available all over the world on Stitcher mobile, tablet and web apps and, also in over 4 million in-car dashboards.
3. TELL A FRIEND ABOUT THE SHOW and spread the word FAR AND WIDE!
As always, thank you for listening and thank you for helping to co-create a better world!